A unique programme containing inventive arrangements of national melodies, original works of Alexander Shonert and works of the classics of Jewish music that depicts the journey of the Jewish violin from the Orient across the old Europe to the present day Prague.
The journey of love, joy, cry and mystical ecstasy arches a bridge between the past and the present of our lives...
Alexander Shonert is held in high regard even in Israel itself. Among other achievements, he is a laureate of the World competition of Jewish artists in Berlin. Because of his interpretative artistry and creativity of expression, Mr. Karel Svoboda chose him to play the solo violin parts in his musical, Golem.
The programme was also acclaimed when played on classical concert stages in the Czech Republic and abroad, notably in the USA.
Violin / Piano
- E. Bloch – Baal Schem - audio
- J. Achron – Hebrew Melody - video
- J. Achron – Hebrew Lullaby
- Jewish melodies in a fasntasia of V. Grokhovsky
- M. Musorgsky – Jewish song
- Mоmеlе – Jewish Folklore - video
- Haim – Jewish Song
- Sara – Jewish Song
- Al Taster – Jewish Song
- Shalom Aleykhem – Jewish Folklor
- Rosinkalech mit mandlen – Jewish Lullaby
- Yiddishe Mamme – Jewish Song - video
- Sherele – Jewish Klezmer Song for Wedding
- Cuando el rey nimrod – Sephardic Song
- Hava na Gila – Jewish Song
- J.Bock – If I Were a Rich Man (from "Fiddler on the Roof")
- M.Ravel "Kaddisch"
- J.Williams "Schindler's List"
- A. Shonert – Jewish Dance
- A. Shonert – Ruth
- A. Shonert – Nigun
- A. Shonert – Klezmerka - video
- A. Shonert – Abraham and Abdula - video
- A. Shonert – Dance at the mirror
- A. Shonert – Fantasy inspired by the Sephardic melody "Noches-Noches" - video
- A. Shonert – Improvisation inspired by Jewish and Gypsy music - video
- A. Shonert – Jewish Improvisation
- A. Shonert – The Western Wall
Compositions dedicated to the Jewish holidays